Enrichable / Enriched Colony Housing Systems
The AVECH III Enrichable system starts out as an Enrichable design, and provides you the flexibility and assurance in knowing you can convert to a completely Enriched system in an affordable and efficient manner at a later date.
When it comes time for you to convert to a completely enriched system, the AVECH III is the most affordable and efficient system to convert.
Contact a Big Dutchman representative to better understand what goes into the conversion process, and how the AVECH III makes this conversion easy, fast and affordable.
Common Features Between Enriched and Enrichable:
The AVECH Enrichable and Enriched systems share the same quality components, such as feeding, drinking and egg handling.
If the time comes for you to convert your system to a fully Enriched system, you simply add the nest environment, perches and other components which make up an Enriched system.
Big Dutchman’s renowned Champion Chain Feeding System continues to prove itself in installations around the world and provides numerous benefits, including:
- The feed gate easily adjusts the level of feed in the trough, regulating the amount of feed coming from the hopper while maintaining a consistent supply of feed on the chain
- The Champion Chain presents feed according to the producer’s management schedule, and feed can easily be increased or decreased
- Independent single or dual drives are separate from hoppers, drastically reducing the load on corners and significantly lengthening the life of all components
- Champion provides uniform nutrition for every bird
- Feed is presented on the top of the flat, smooth chain, helping to eliminate risk of bird injury
- Champion yields unequaled feed conversions for significant cost savings
- Drip water cups prevent corrosion and help to keep the manure dry
- One watering nipple per every 10 hens
- 360º access
- High water flow
- The floor cross supports are mounted above the floor to allow hens to walk on them, which keeps the cross supports clean.
- The strength of the AVECH comes from a unique engineering design which holds up under the shifting weight of birds as they move from side to side, which happens in both the enrichable and enriched systems.
- The AVECH system features 10 support rods (5 on each side) and cross support brackets to provide exceptional system strength and integrity.
From the hen to the packing area, Big Dutchman has taken every effort in designing the most efficient egg handling system available in the industry. Our egg handling systems provide gentle egg transport throughout the entire system, yielding higher returns to your bottom line.
Safe and efficient egg handling is done with our EggCellent egg collector which has an innovative design to provide high volume egg collection with less adjustments, and maintenance, while still providing protection for the eggs.
The EggCellent’s special egg conveying chain is made of interlocked plastic module parts, which will not stretch and requires no lubrication. These chain modules feature integrated soft padding for impact protection and gentle egg transport.
Egg Saver Wire:
After the hen lays an egg, the egg gently moves from the nest and is held with the egg saver wire. At a pre-determined period of time the egg saver wire moves up to release the eggs onto the extra wide egg belt.
Safe and efficient egg handling is done with our EggCellent egg collector, which has an innovative design to provide high volume egg collection with less adjustments and maintenance, while still providing protection for the eggs.The EggCellent’s special egg conveying chain is made of interlocked plastic module parts, which will not stretch and requires no lubrication. These chain modules feature integrated soft padding for impact protection and gentle egg transport.
The extra wide egg belt provides extra room for the eggs to transport from the system to the Eggcellent egg collector. This egg belt is wider than other systems in the market, which reduces checked eggs and a higher return to your bottom line.
Components which make an enriched system
For a fully “enriched” future, the AVECH III system provides you the security and peace of mind that comes from investing in a system with a proven track record, industry acceptance, and has been delivering real results to egg producers across the United States, and around the world. Trust the system that is used to house millions of layers, produced positive results, and is used to compare all other systems to.
The nest environment provides a safe, secure and comfortable place for hens to lay their eggs. Our nest design and placement is proven to help hens produce quality eggs time after time.
The nest environment consists of:
- Strategic placement with specific lighting requirements
- Nest curtain
- Nest mat
- Staging area
Safe and Secure:
The scratch area provides hens the ability to act out their natural behavior of scratching. This allows them to build their muscles and increase their bone density.
Additionally, the egg producer is able to control the amount and timing of the distribution of the feed which is placed on the scratch area, resulting in less feed waste.
Perches and Staging Area:
Our perches and placement of perches have been scientifically researched to provide the ideal setting for the hens. The size of our perches provide ample amount of surface area for the hens to perch comfortably, and the position of the perches allow for unrestricted movement from one end of the system to the other.
- Round perches provide ample surface area for the hens to perch comfortably
- Birds are calmer
- Perches remain cleaner
- Size of perch allows the hens to perch more naturally