Integrated nest scales for colony and single hole nests
Nesca is a poultry scale recently developed by Big Dutchman for integration into group laying nests like the Relax (patent pending). The scale automatically determines the weight of hens visiting the nest to lay their eggs. Nesca records the largest possible range of weights of a great number of hens, whether they are heavy, light or lazy, and without requiring any additional efforts from the staff. Nesca consists of a bottom wire mesh which rests on four load cells. The load cells transmit their results to the production computer via a weighing module.
- Automated and reliable weighing of every bird
- Able to compare breeder growth curves with live birds, in real time
- Quickly react and fix negative weight trends
- Timed weighing to weigh birds on empty stomach
- Automatic distinction between males and females
- Reduced labor as manual weighing can be reduced
- Rugged design is waterproof / washdown rated IP67
Recording and Analysis with ViperTouch
All poultry scales offered by Big Dutchman can be connected to the climate and production computer ViperTouch. This computer records the required data concerning growth, feed and water consumption, mortality and climate. This puts the producer in a position to be able to quickly react to changing conditions and to take the required action. This in turn leads to better production results and increases the economic efficiency.