Layer management system
Enjoy cost-effective production with the Big Dutchman UniVENT Layer Cage System. This system provides an ideal environment for bird comfort and maximum egg production. UniVENT cages provide a superior feeding system, efficient and automated manure removal and promotes a cleaner house environment.
UniVENT cages are easy to assemble and can be stacked up to twelve tiers high. The UniVENT system with air duct helps reduce ammonia levels. The UniVENT air duct ventilates manure quickly and effectively, providing up to 60% dry matter (or 40% moisture) with low energy costs. Automated manure removal breaks the fly reproductive cycle and removes the source of ammonia from the building.
In colder climates, incoming air is pre-heated using an air mixer or heat exchanger, maintaining the appropriate temperature and air quality. Even during extremely high temperatures, each hen is provided with sufficient oxygen to ensure optimum hen performance, year-round.
- Zn-Alu wire provides high corosion resistance and a long lasting cage
- Sliding doors open over the entire cage front making it easy to move birds in and out
- Flat egg protector as foot-rail encourages egg-laying at the trough
- Shorter rolling-off distances result in hardly any cracked eggs
- Deep feed trough with inner rim for minimum feed loss
- Trough-shaped manure belt prevents manure from dropping into the system for a clean manure removal
- Cage bottom is supported by heavy rods, improving egg quality (test data available)
- Air duct for fresh air supply and optional manure drying
- Drinking nipple with V-channel allows each hen to easily reach two nipples
View and download the latest UniVENT Layer product brochure.
Get Started on Your Project
Over the course of 80 years we have designed, tested, developed, and refined egg production equipment to meet every imaginable need. Get in touch with our sales team to discuss your farm requirements today.