Free Access Stall
For use in insemination and waiting areas
The Free Access Stall developed by Big Dutchman provides animal friendly housing for the sows and optimal working conditions for the farm staff. It can be used in gestation as well as in breeding barns.
When a sow enters the open stall, the door locks behind her and she can eat without being disturbed or simply use the stall as an individual retreat. The stall cannot be opened from the outside by other sows. The sow can release the lock by pushing back against the integrated insemination door and leave the stall at her own will.
- Simple rocking mechanism
- Integrated insemination door for easy insemination and pregnancy checking
- The open design of the stall provides a good overview for the farm staff
- Each stall can be locked or unlocked individually – either in front or back of stall
- Optional group locking function
- The vertical arrangement of the front bars reduce the danger of sows climbing or turning inside the stall
- Rubber noise absorbers for quiet opening and closing of the stall, reducing noise in the barn