The modern aviary for layers in floor management.
After the hens are moved in, the system remains closed for some time. This procedure allows the hens to get to know their new environment, known as the phase of familiarization.
Feed and water can easily be accessed and by using the stairways the hens become accustomed to all levels. A partition installed every 2.41 m (after every section) makes for manageable group sizes of 130 to 150 birds. This ensures evenly used nests right from the start.
The farm staff can easily supervise the flock from the inspection aisle. Even in cases of maximum stocking densities, NATURA60 offers ample space to the hens thanks to the many surface areas.
After the familiarization phase is over, the system can be fully opened, and the hens are now able to act out their natural behaviors of scratching, picking and dust bathing.
Advantages at a glance:
Fresh drinking water on top and bottom tiers provide easy access to water for the entire flock
Nests are positioned in the top tier where hens naturally go to nest
Perches offer a relaxed environment
- Alternating aisles between the rows remain free of hens, litter or any other obstacles like doors or cross partitions to serve as inspection aisles
- The nests and longitudinal egg belts are located above the inspection aisles and are accessible from there
- Comfortable sliding doors on both sides of every row and on every level allow for easy access to the system
- "Stairways" provide access for the hens to the different levels, throughout the aviary
- The hens reach the scratching area (underneath the system and litter area) through large openings along the entire length of the system
- Every row is completely functional; it is possible to install a system with only one row in the house
If you have questions, comments or concerns about this website, please contact the web master by clicking here.
We offer practical, economical and environmentally-friendly solutions geared to your future needs. Big Dutchman stands for long-lasting quality, service, and unsurpassed know-how, and as the industry leader, our innovations will continue to positively impact the industries we serve.